Tue, 20 November 2007
In One Life Left's experience* there are three sorts of letters that come in card-backed brown paper envelopes.
1) Signed contracts from the BBC offering million pounds to transfer our special brand of broadcast magic to Radio 4,
2) Legal threats from easily offended games industry professionals who we might have erm accidentally defamed or you know whatever,
3) Glossy, black and white spy photos of the team being touched in and / or touching at least four separate places.
Imagine the rush when we arrived at the studio to find a brown, card-backed envelope waiting for us. Real post! Addressed to us c/o Resonance! Without us ever giving out the address! This could be great! Or terrible!
Experience the thrill with us as we bite our lips and open it live on air.
Oh yeah, there's other stuff that's actually games-related too. For example, Dan Griliopoulos, Reviews Editor at Official Xbox Magazine as recently as last week and now A Free Man, breaks his monastic silence on the things that matter. Like how you really pronounce Koch, whether Mass Effect is just one long corridor after another, and what happens when games journalists stop journalising.
Actually, it's something of a reviews special this week as we cover Call of Duty 3, Super Mario Galaxy, that new Metroid one on the Wii which one would assume is exactly like every other 3D Metroid game ie a lifetime of scanning, Zoo Tycoon on the DS (?!) and whatever Ann's been playing. Ann? Ann?
Oh whatever. Ignore her, ane enjoy the two comebacks from people you might have thought gone forever, and the moment when finally, finally, we get someone on the phone.
Important things we forgot to do across the hour of :
1) The Jade Raymond thing. We'll do that next week.
2) The Facebook 'secret' thing. We will probably just announce this on Facebook this week even though we forgot to trail it. But we'll talk about it next week for sure.
3) A 'write to us about this' for the letters section. Jesus Christ, it's not rocket science. Next week, next week.
4) Credit the music. It was CFCF's remix of Justice's D.A.N.C.E. and 6955's awesome 'Museum'.
Thanks for listening. Join us next week for more things we haven't really thought through, including attempted Skype-with-a-Developer nonsense and a non-Ann-art related competition and ANOTHER feature resurrection. See you!
Sort of handy links:
One Life Left Facebook Group
One Life Left Myspace
One Life Left Forum
And email us at email@example.com about anything, really.
If Ste sounds angry it's because he had a terrible sandwich in Costa before the show. If Ann sounds angry it's because she's trying to work out what 'bitchkrieg' means. If Simon sounds angry it's because Ste is gesturing. Levels are a bit all over the place again this week, apologies for that.